- Make it a point not to tweeze or shave in between waxing appointments. Doing so can result in throwing off the growth cycle of hair and make for a less clean finish.
- To have the best waxing experience, make sure the hair in areas to be waxed is at least ¼ inch long. Hair shorter than this length may not be removed as easily and can cause unnecessary pain and uneven results.
- Wax frequently, about every 3-6 weeks, to maintain removal of the hair during it’s normal growth cycle.
- Take 2 Ibuprofen about 1 hour before your appointment to help reduce redness, swelling and even pain.
- After your appointment, follow up with Neosporin for 2-3 days. This will help reduce tenderness and the possibility for ingrown hairs.
- We always suggest using PFB, a simple solution that helps minimize ‘razor bumps’ and ingrown hairs, on a daily basis between appointments.
As with any of our services at Art + Science, we suggest calling for an appointment or stopping by to discuss any concerns or questions you may have. We believe that the perfect combination of experience, product and knowledge can make hair removal less painful and less stressful.