Thank you for your patience and your support!
We have now been open for over a month and we are so thankful for every one of you beautiful clients who have come in and shared the love in recent months. Below you will find essential information regarding your visit to the salon during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read the entire page before your appointment, even if you have already visited us since reopening. Information regarding Illinois and Chicago’s response to the pandemic is changing daily, so we will continue to update this page to make sure you are fully informed before you come in for your Quarantine Cut and Color.
For all clients coming in for an appointment
Per the guidelines set by the city and the state, we are required to ask four questions of all clients before they enter the building. If you have come into recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or you have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 we require you to reschedule your appointment and self-quarantine. Upon entering the salon, we have a new digital waiver for all clients to sign. For your convenience, the waiver has a QR code attached that you can scan using your smartphone’s camera. It will take you to a website (powered by BadJupiter) where you can attest to the following things by entering your name and phone number:
1) You have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks
2) You do not have any of the following symptoms that cannot be attributed to any other medical condition: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of sense of smell or taste.
3) You have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
The front desk can help you navigate this check in process if you have any issues. Thank you for your understanding!
The City of Chicago has issued quarantine orders on several states and cities around the nation due to their current infection rates. Please visit the City of Chicago Emergency Travel Order Website (click here). If you have visited any of the states on the travel restriction list then you must quarantine for two weeks before coming to your appointment.
How to book an appointment
Due to social distancing requirements, we will be operating at reduced capacity. Not to worry, we’ve made some adjustments and will get you back into the salon. We no longer require clients to book via our waitlist. If you wish to book an appointment, you can either call the salons, email us, or LiveChat us on this website.
If you joined our waitlist and have not yet heard back, we deeply apologize for the oversight on our part. Please call and we will get you on the books as soon as possible.
In order to ensure the safety of all clients and staff at Art + Science Salons, we have consulted with experts as well as researched all state and city guidelines available. Below is a list of precautions we are taking in order to keep everyone safe, healthy, and beautiful for the foreseeable future. For a more detailed look at the state regulations and recommendations, please visit Restore Illinois and Reopen Chicago.
For the foreseeable future Art + Science will:
- Limit the client capacity of our Evanston location by 50% to ensure social distancing of 6ft is possible between all clients.
- Per city guidelines, all Chicago locations will limit client capacity to 25% of total volume.
- As further protection to stop the spread of COVID-19, we will not be offering blowdries for any salon service. This will be reassessed on a regular basis.
- Art + Science will be open for extended hours with two shifts per day. All appointments will have extra time booked to ensure all stylist can follow state and city cleaning regulations
- Each salon has been fully disinfected and treated with a product that reduces viral and microbial transmission. For more information click here.
- All tools will be disinfected between clients
- All staff will be required to wash their hands between clients
- All mirrors, salon chairs, shampoo bowls and high-touch areas will be disinfected between every client
- All staff will be required to wear face masks at all times while performing services
- We will no longer be accepting cash payments, but all transactions and tips can be completed via credit card or contactless payment methods
- All towels capes and gowns will be laundered between clients
- We will no longer be serving beverages
- All staff who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to stay home and get tested if possible
- We will take a temperature check of every staff member every shift and if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they will be sent home
- The salons will support the cities of Evanston and Chicago in contact tracing efforts to the best of our ability.
If we suspect that client or staff member has COVID-19, we will follow recommended disinfection protocols and isolate any affected members of the Art + Science team.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT:
We understand that visiting Art + Science is your time to destress and focus on yourself. We absolutely intend to support that experience in every possible way, however, we do require all clients do their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Below is a list of what to expect when visiting the salons:
- All clients will be required to wear masks during their appointments. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one for $5. Masks are not optional – appointments will be rescheduled for any client refusing to wear one.
- All clients will be required to sanitize or wash their hands upon entry into the building. We will provide hand sanitizer and a hand washing station.
- Temperatures will be taken using an infrared thermometer. Any client with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be asked to reschedule their appointment, per state guidelines.
- The following questions will be asked when booking your appointment and we’ll provide a waiver for you to sign when you arrive for your service:
- Have you had a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or have you used a fever reducer in the previous 24 hours to treat a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do you have a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have a new or worsening sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Have you recently developed a complete loss of smell or taste?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we will re-book your appointment, per city and state guidelines.
- A credit card number will be required when booking your service. We have a fully no-touch checkout system to ensure both you and the front desk are as protected as possible when paying for your services. We will use the credit card you give us to charge for the services and products. You can still leave a tip as per usual.
- Cancelation Policy – We have relaxed our cancelation policy to make sure anyone who suspects they might have been exposed to COVID can stay home without any repercussion. Please just inform the desk you had to cancel due to safety reasons. That said, please give us 24 hours notice if you do need to cancel. If you cancel the day of your scheduled appointment for any reason other than COVID-19, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the original service on the credit card on file.
- Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment. We have to restrict the number of clients in the building and ask that you wait in your car or outside of the salon until your appointment time.
- Walk-in appointments will no longer be available. Only clients with a confirmed appointment will be allowed into the salon.
- As we are not currently offering blowdries, we are offering all cutting clients two options, either leave your appointment with damp hair or come with clean, dry hair and your stylist will cut your hair dry.
- Due to the new costs of PPE, such as hand sanitizer, professional cleaning products, sterilization, Plexiglass, dividers, gloves and masks, we will include a PPE charge of $3 per client visit on all tickets. Thank you for your understanding.
- In order to serve as many clients as possible and to increase efficiency, for the time being, we will not be able to offer the following services:
- Bang trims
- Neck trims
- Part-line color Touch Ups
- Per state and city guidelines, we are not allowed to offer services that require the removal of face masks. These services include:
- Lip and chin waxing
- Facial spray tan services
- Beard trims
- Keratin Treatments
- To allow for more space in the salons and reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have temporarily suspended our complimentary color blow-dry services.
- Please note, due to your stylists’ new schedules, we may not be able to accommodate cut and color in a single appointment.
- Due to state and city guidelines, our staff is unable to work at multiple locations to reduce risk of transmission. Therefore, a number of stylists who work at multiple locations will be restricted to working at a single location. We will be updating our website to reflect your stylists’ new schedules.
Art + Science is dedicated to ensuring the health of our clients and our staff at all times. Please respect and follow all guidelines to help us ensure the safety of everyone. This is a time of massive change but we are here to serve you. Thank you for being the best part of A+S, we cannot wait to welcome you in person!