Thank you for your patience and your support!
The time is finally here! We’ve had to close our doors for nearly three months and we are over-the-top excited to announce we will be ready to welcome you back to Art + Science Salons as of Monday, June 15th. Although the City of Chicago will officially enter Stage 3 on June 3rd, we are taking the additional time to ensure our staff training is complete and our new procedures are running smoothly. In preparation, below you will find the pertinent information regarding our reopening plan, including state and city guidelines, as well as how to book appointments now and in the future.
Please note, effective immediately, we are no longer extending our gift certificate offer. We’re so grateful for your support with your gift certificate purchase over the last couple of months but our focus now needs to be on getting all of our clients scheduled.
For all clients coming in for an appointment
Before coming to the salon for your appointment, please take the time to read all of the rules and guidelines below that we have set in place to ensure your safety. Per the guidelines, we are required to ask four questions of all clients before they enter the building. If you have an appointment, please fill out this Survey Monkey on the day of your appointment so we can ensure all clients who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to stay home and reschedule their service. Thank you for your understanding!
How to book an appointment
Due to social distancing requirements, we will be operating at reduced capacity. Not to worry, we’ve made some adjustments and will get you back into the salon. As stated, the first appointments booked will be for Monday, June 15th. We’re extending our hours, working staggered shifts and remaining open seven days-a-week in order to accommodate all of our clients.
Beginning June 4th, we’ll be calling all clients to book appointments. Inbound calls will not be taken.
- We will be rebooking appointments in the order they were cancelled. Beginning March 16th, we’ll work chronologically through the list until all cancellations have been rescheduled.
- Next, we’ll be calling clients who are currently on the books after June 15th. Due to social distancing requirements, all stylists’ schedules will be shifting, so all future appointments will shift as well.
- For those of you without an existing appointment – beginning May 26th, you can add yourself to our booking waitlist. Once added, we’ll be booking you on a first come, first served basis, as the schedule allows. To join the wait list, please email the following addresses based on the location you’d like to visit:
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Preferred Stylist
- Requested Service
Please do not use the LiveChat feature on the A+S website to add yourself to the wait list as we will not see your requests for several days. We will do everything we can to get everyone in for their appointments as quickly as possible. All we ask is for your patience as we get the salon up and running with our new training and protocols in place.
In order to ensure the safety of all clients and staff at Art + Science Salons, we have consulted with experts as well as researched all state and city guidelines available. Below is a list of precautions we are taking in order to keep everyone safe, healthy, and beautiful for the foreseeable future. For a more detailed look at the state regulations and recommendations, please visit Restore Illinois and Reopen Chicago.
For the foreseeable future Art + Science will:
- Limit the client capacity of our Evanston location by 50% to ensure social distancing of 6ft is possible between all clients.
- Per city guidelines, all Chicago locations will limit client capacity to 25% of total volume.
- Art + Science will be open for extended hours with two shifts per day. All appointments will have extra time booked to ensure all stylist can follow state and city cleaning regulations
- Each salon has been fully disinfected and treated with a product that reduces viral and microbial transmission. For more information click here.
- As further protection to stop the spread of COVID-19, we will not be offering blowdries for any salon service temporarily. This will be reassessed on a regular basis.
- All tools will be disinfected between clients
- All staff will be required to wash their hands between clients
- All mirrors, salon chairs, shampoo bowls and high-touch areas will be disinfected between every client
- All staff will be required to wear face masks at all times while performing services
- We will no longer be accepting cash payments, but all transactions and tips can be completed via credit card or contactless payment methods
- All towels capes and gowns will be laundered between clients
- We will no longer be serving beverages
- All staff who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to stay home and get tested if possible
- We will take a temperature check of every staff member every shift and if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they will be sent home
- The salons will support the cities of Evanston and Chicago in contact tracing efforts to the best of our ability.
If we suspect that client or staff member has COVID-19, we will follow recommended disinfection protocols and isolate any affected members of the Art + Science team.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT:
We understand that visiting Art + Science is your time to destress and focus on yourself. We absolutely intend to support that experience in every possible way, however, we do require all clients do their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Below is a list of what to expect when visiting the salons:
- All clients will be required to wear masks during their appointments. If you forget your mask, you may purchase one for $5. Masks are not optional – appointments will be rescheduled for any client refusing to wear one.
- All clients will be required to sanitize or wash their hands upon entry into the building. We will provide hand sanitizer and a hand washing station.
- Temperatures will be taken using an infrared thermometer. Any client with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be asked to reschedule their appointment, per state guidelines.
- The following questions will be asked when booking your appointment and we’ll provide a waiver for you to sign when you arrive for your service:
- Have you had a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or have you used a fever reducer in the previous 24 hours to treat a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do you have a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have a new or worsening sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Have you recently developed a complete loss of smell or taste?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we will re-book your appointment, per city and state guidelines.
- A credit card number will be required when booking your service. We have eliminated our cancellation policy to ensure that anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 can stay home. We ask that you prepay for your appointment and we will keep the cost of the your service as a credit on your file until you come in for your appointment.
- Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment. We have to restrict the number of clients in the building and ask that you wait in your car or outside of the salon until your appointment time.
- Walk-in appointments will no longer be available. Only clients with a confirmed appointment will be allowed into the salon.
- As we are not currently offering blowdries, we are offering all cutting clients two options, either leave your appointment with damp hair or come with clean, dry hair and your stylist will cut your hair dry.
- Due to the new costs of PPE, such as hand sanitizer, professional cleaning products, sterilization, Plexiglass, dividers, gloves and masks, we will include a PPE charge of $3 per client visit on all tickets. Thank you for your understanding.
- In order to serve as many clients as possible and to increase efficiency, for the time being, we will not be able to offer the following services:
- Bang trims
- Neck trims
- Part-line color Touch Ups
- Per state and city guidelines, we are not allowed to offer services that require the removal of face masks. These services include:
- Lip and chin waxing
- Facial spray tan services
- Beard trims
- Keratin Treatments
- To allow for more space in the salons and reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have temporarily suspended our complimentary color blow-dry services.
- Please note, due to your stylists’ new schedules, we may not be able to accommodate cut and color in a single appointment.
- Due to state and city guidelines, our staff is unable to work at multiple locations to reduce risk of transmission. Therefore, a number of stylists who work at multiple locations will be restricted to working at a single location. We will be updating our website to reflect your stylists’ new schedules.
Art + Science is dedicated to ensuring the health of our clients and our staff at all times. Please respect and follow all guidelines to help us ensure the safety of everyone. This is a time of massive change but we are here to serve you. Thank you for being the best part of A+S, we cannot wait to welcome you in person!