Stylist"Follow the law of attraction for a successful life"
When you sit in Gigi’s chair, it’s hard not to notice what an interesting life she has had. While she is a native Ecuadorian, she has called New York home for the better part of a decade before moving to Chicago a few years ago. How could she not love this town with its incredible neighborhoods and vibrant artistic culture? That’s who Gigi is, a hard worker with an amazing eye for fashion and art. If she weren’t a stylist, she’d be in the fashion industry, either as a designer or fashion merchandiser. She brings that energy and more to her work behind the chair, both with the precision and care of her cuts and her ability to push creative boundaries. Not only that, but she’s very environmentally conscious and loves to discuss environmental issues if that’s your cup of tea.
- With A+S since 2018
- Education Includes: Bumble and Bumble Styling I, American Crew Masters of Men’s Grooming, American Crew Complete Method, Oribe Advanced Styling
- Special Services Include: Highly Textured Hair, Make Up
Stylist"The working man is a sucker! So do what you love."
Tina is the complete package. When asked if she has hobbies, her exact answer was, “Hobbies??? I have a daughter!” Not only does she have an utterly charming and down-to-earth sense of humor, she approaches every client with passion and empathy. If she weren’t a stylist, she would own a small business or be an activist. She’s the kind of person who looks to take care of others, at home, at work, and in life. She’s a self-professed infectious free spirit, and she loves a great lived-in look that she can suit to her clients’ individual styles. In the end, when you sit in Tina’s chair, you feel like family.
- With A+S since 2016
- Education Includes: Bumble and Bumble Styling I; Shu Uemura Advanced Styling; American Crew Master of Men’s Grooming; Oribe Advanced Styling
Master Stylist“Don’t take anyone else’s advice.”
London has made her mark on Art + Science since she joined the team in 2015. Her love of precision cutting has trained her eye to figure out exactly how to customize every haircut for each client in her chair. Her consultations are thorough to ensure that you leave with a beautiful style that you can recreate once you leave the salon. While her passion is with hair and new education, her real love is her adorable daughter.
- With A+S since 2015
- Education Includes: American Crew MMG, Bumble and Bumble Styling, Bumble and Bumble Razor Cutting, Reuzel Men’s Grooming, Shu Uemura Advanced Styling
- Special Services: Keratin Smoothing Treatment, Formal Styling; Wedding Hair
Director Stylist“Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you.” ~ Dr. Seuss
When people come to Aggie, they get a haircut and they also get an experience. Aggie is one of the best traveled people in the world, with pearls of wisdom for every single one of her clients. It’s telling that if she weren’t a hair stylist, she would be an expert in healing arts, alternative modalities or psychology. She finds people fascinating, which makes every day behind the chair a journey. She is an ascriber to the belief that you should never be anything other than you. She loves a client looking to enhance their natural texture, not fight against it. She makes sure everyone who sits in her chair leaves the salon feeling their best.
- With A+S since 1999
- Education Includes: Bumble and Bumble Styling I, Advanced Razor Cutting, Advanced Shear Cutting, Previous A+S Educator, Previous Educator for Joe Grooming; Vivian Mackinder
Director Stylist/Education Coordinator/Cutting Educator“Can I be a combo of Anthony Bourdain and Jacques Cousteau? That sounds like a great job.”
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated to hair education than Christin. While her year is jam packed with clients and teaching our apprentices cutting and blow drying, you’ll have a tough time finding her in February. She might be in Thailand, maybe Vietnam. Honduras perhaps? Who knows! Check out her instagram for her travelogue and hair inspirations. No haircut is outside her wheelhouse because she’s the kind of stylist who masters every technique she tries.
- With A+S since 2005
- Education Includes: Bumble and Bumble Network Educator, Bb Straight Razor Series (Design Studio, Design Workshop, Creative, Styling, Bb Curl Workshop), Vidal Sassoon Creative Courses, Kerastase Training Workshop
- Special Services include: Straight Razor Hair Cutting, Wedding Hair, Keratin, Olaplex
Director Stylist/Manager WL“Remember, kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you’ll never go wrong.”
Julia, a proud native of small town USA Cherry Illinois (near Starved Rock State Park), is the kind of person who knows everyone. We don’t know how she does it, but when you meet her, she’s the kind of magnetic personality that makes it hard not to enjoy your time in her chair. She came to Chicago from this small town and quickly made this massive city feel like her small town all over again.. Her laid back personality is the perfect complement to her attention to detail and constant creativity with hair. It’s also a major asset when managing the West Loop Salon. There aren’t many people who can manage a dozen stylists, create gorgeous cuts and updos, and take the time to chill and float in the Lake of the Ozarks every year, but Julia is the kind of person who makes the impossible possible.
- With A+S since 2007
- Education Includes: Bumble and Bumble (Network Educator I, Styling I, Razor Cutting, Shear Cutting, Leadership Know Your Strengths), Vivienne Mackinder, Vidal Sassoon ABC and advanced cutting courses, American Crew Advanced Men’s Cutting
- Special Services Include: Keratin Treatment, Formal Styling, Wedding Hair
Owner/Artistic Director Stylist/Educator"Why fit in when we were born to stand out?" ~ Dr. Seuss
Paul hails from a family of successful artists and parlayed his imagination and drawings of his own superheroes into a wildly successful career in the hair industry. An international stylist celebrity, Paul chose a career in hair for the sole purpose of mastering a craft that directly impacts how people feel about themselves. Mentor, psychologist, artist…superhero creator. Find your inner superhero.
- With A+S since 1995
- Global Artistic Director of American Crew
- Education Includes: Vidal Sassoon ABC, Bumble and Bumble (Business Immersion I, Fierce Conversations, Styling Your Career, Leadership Know Your Strengths, Advanced Razor Cutting, Advanced Shear Cutting, Cut Mastery)
Colorist"Well, well, well, how the turntables..." ~ Michael Scott (The Office)
Meet Salma. The first thing you’ll notice about her is her bold aesthetics and amazing attention to care and detail. The second thing you’ll notice is she’s a person of few words. While she an incredible and fun-loving native of Chicago, a lover of music and food, as well as the owner of a wicked sense of humor, Salma is a designer first and foremost. She got into hair because she lives to make things gorgeous, be they a balayage or a mind-blowing meld of fun color. If she weren’t a colorist, she would have been an interior designer, and she brings that level of focus, expertise, and knowledge to her work behind the chair. She might not inundate you with her latest life dramas, but she will listen, she’ll remember, and when she makes you laugh, she makes you LAUGH.
- With A+S since 2018
- Education Includes: Revlonissimo Advanced Color Theory, Bumble and Bumble Styling I, L’Oreal Advanced Balayage
Christi (Chris) Gonzalez
Senior Colorist“Hobbies include: burger enthusiasm and cat trinket collecting”
Upon meeting Chris, you’ll notice her charm from a mile away. It’s hard not to see it with that massive smile and incredibly empathetic manner. It’s telling that if she weren’t a stylist she might have been an occupational therapist. Don’t be fooled though, under that delightful exterior is a quirky personality and fierce talent. While busting out a gorgeous balayage, Chris will happily wax poetic on the various burgers and comfort foods available in the Chicagoland area. And feel free to ask her about her cats, she definitely wants to tell you about them.
- With A+S since 2016
- Education Includes: Beauty Coach Tour with Nikki Lee and Riawna Capri (LA Salon 901); Revlon Advanced Training; Pravana Vivids Advanced
- Special Services Include: Wedding Styling
Thursday wl Friday wl Saturday wl Sunday wl
Color Touch Up $71+ Virgin/Tint $87+ Partial Highlight $122+ Full Highlight $137+ Dual Process $140+ Balayage $147+ Bleach and Tone $105+ (requires consultation) Updo $85+ Formal Styling $75+ Blowdry $59+
Master Colorist“The best advice I ever got was from my brothers and probably isn’t appropriate for the salon website. So, I’ll just say ‘go with your gut.’”
You know that person who has a story for every situation: that’s Gabrielle. A native of Washington D.C., she came to Art + Science and brought with her talent, skill with the balayage paddle, dry humor, and a whole lot of stories. If Gabrielle weren’t a stylist, she’d be working her way around the world, doing odd jobs just to find her way on to the next country. She has made a home here in Chicago and makes it her mission to discover new things whenever she can. She is always on the lookout for clients who are easy going, love to talk about everything (except the Bachelor and Bachelorette) and maybe get a little outside of their comfort zone.
- With A+S since 2014
- Education Includes: L’Oréal Professional Advanced Balayage, Pravana Advanced Color, Goldwell Color Advanced Training, Not Another Salon (London) Advanced Balyage
- "The only place where success comes before work is the dictionary." ~ Vidal Sassoon.
Susan started her hair career at a very young age and it quickly brought her to Art + Science. Susan is an essential piece of the Art + Science DNA, from her management, to her education, to her leadership as one of the salon’s head colorists. Education is a way of life for Susan, and it’s why she is the Education Director for the salons, always crafting the new generation while always finding new ways to inspire the masters. She looks to build deeper connections with her clients finding new inspiration behind the chair every hour of every day. When she isn’t in the salon, she’s probably on the beach somewhere beautiful or spending time with her family . When you sit in Susan’s chair, you know you’re in the hands of a consummate professional, a technical master, and a good person. It’s difficult to leave without a smile on your face.
- With A+S since 2000
- Education Includes: AVEDA Institute Minneapolis, Vidal Sassoon Cutting and Coloring – London, Revlon Advanced Color – Paris and Toronto; Revlon Professional Advanced Education – Madrid; Bumble & Bumble University – NYC; L’Oréal Professional Advanced Balayage – NYC; Wella Technical Color Master – Los Angeles
- US Educator for Revlon Professional
Wednesday wl Thursday wl Friday wl Saturday wl
Color Touch Up $71+ Virgin/Tint $95+ Partial Highlight $140+ Full Highlight $170+ Dual Process $170+ Balayage $170+ Bleach and Tone $110+
Master Barber“My dad always said: They can’t throw you in jail and they can’t kill you. If they can’t do that, then I guess things aren’t as bad as they seem.”
Nicky has always been a fan of the finer things in life, not the least of all, your haircut. Nicky joined our barbering team in 2015 and makes sure to bring precision, knowledge, and a little creative kick to every client who sits in his chair. That passion extends beyond the shears. Nicky is known around the salon for his incredible cooking and probably would have been a chef if he wasn’t so dedicated to your hairstyle.
- With A+S since 2015
- Education Includes: Advanced Training Program Michael Anthony Salon; Advanced Cutting and Styling at AVEDA